Here’s a great recipe for a busy weekday dinner. Ground turkey breast is mixed with Mediterranean spices to create flavorful, protein-packed kebabs. Serve with salad and vegetables and a side of plain Greek yogurt.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast, de-boned, trimmed of skin and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond meal (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- In a food processor, blend the turkey strips until ground. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan.
- Lightly grease your hands, then press the meat into the wooden skewers until it covers about 3-4 inches in an elongated meatball shape. If the meat is not sticking then add some more almond meal.
- Grill for about 8 minutes per side.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 254 calories, 8g fat, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 47g protein
“Copyright foodandhealth.com, reprinted with permission”