Here’s a deliciously creamy (yet dairy-free) way to enjoy your veggies. This wholesome, tasty soup is perfect as a light winter meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- dash of sea salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 1.5 lb celery root
- 32oz organic chicken broth
- 1 (13.66 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced
- black pepper
- In a large soup pot, place the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add the scallions, onion, and dash of salt. Cook for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Peel the celery root, then chop into small pieces. Add the celery root pieces, 1/2 cup of water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt to the pot. Cover and cook until the celery root is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk then cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup into a very smooth consistency. Garnish with chives and black pepper. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 154 calories, 11g fat, 430mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 4g protein.
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.