Since the drive thru value meal is not an option for you (your standards are way too high for that!), here’s a quick and cost effective meal that delivers both in taste and nutrition. Serve with some plain Greek yogurt mixed with lemon juice and fresh chopped dill.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 (5oz) cans albacore tuna, in water
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced; or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- dash black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the tuna and flake into a medium size bowl. Add the eggs, lemon, Dijon, flax, dill and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into 8 patties. Flatten each patty onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.
Nutritional Analysis: 108 calories, 5g fat, 182mg sodium, .4g carbs, .3g fiber, 15g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.