You want to lose weight, and have been trying hard for months without success.
You’ve heard fitness people refer to ‘eating clean’ but what does that really mean?
The labels on hundreds of different food items proclaim to be ‘healthy’ but can you trust labels? There are so many misconceptions when it comes to what constitutes as clean eating.
What are you eating wrong?
Let’s dispel the myths and outline your simple, straightforward 3-step guide to eating clean and watch as the pounds melt off.
Step One: Steer Clear of Packaged Foods
Your worst enemy in the fight against weight gain is packaged foods. Yes, even those packages that are described as ‘healthy’.
Think of packaged food in these 3 categories:
- Sweets: Cookies, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, donuts, candy and desserts. These packaged items are laced with sugar and bad fats, and lack any viable nutrient that your body actually needs. All the empty calories from these items will end up deposited on your waist and hips as stubborn fat.There’s never a good reason to eat these so-called foods.
- Processed Grains: Crackers, breads, cereal, chips, instant oatmeal, energy bars, and popcorn. This category is tricky because many of the packages are labeled as ‘heart healthy’ or ‘low fat’. The reality is that packaged, processed grains contain sugar and more carbohydrates than you need while striving to lose weight.If you have a weight loss goal then stay away from processed grains.
- Whole Grains: Brown rice, wild rice, whole oats, sprouted grain pasta, and sprouted grain bread. Here’s a category of packaged foods that you are able to include in your clean diet. You don’t, however, have a free pass to eat as much of these items as you’d like. Whole grains, while healthy and acceptable, are very calorie-dense. This means that a little bit goes a long way.
Eat whole grains in moderation in order to meet your weight loss goals.
Step Two: Fill Up on Fresh Foods
Fresh vegetables and fruits are a huge part of your clean diet.
The nutrients and fiber found in these natural food items are vitally important for your weight loss journey and your overall health.
Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables in all shapes, sizes and colors.
The only ones that you need to limit are vegetables that are high in starch, such as potatoes and corn, and fruits that are very high in sugar, like melons.
Step Three: Get Plenty of Protein
The cornerstone of your clean diet should be lean protein.
Great examples are chicken breast, albacore tuna, lean ground turkey, white fish fillet, whole beans, tempeh and egg whites.
Protein is what holds your clean eating plan together, for two reasons.
- Protein satiates your hunger, keeping you full and keeping your blood sugar stable. This eliminates false hunger and prevents unnecessary snacking.
- Protein helps to grow and maintain your muscle mass, which increases your resting metabolism. This means that your body will be naturally leaner.
For faster results, pair your clean eating with a challenging exercise routine.
Call or email today and I’ll get you started on an exercise program that will make your goals a reality.
I can’t say enough about the dangers of refined sugar.
Regular sugar consumption will always cause weight gain. In addition to ruining your figure, chronic sugar consumption puts you at risk of numerous health problems.
When you’re in the habit of taking in sugar everyday it’s hard to quit, but once you’ve broken the habit you won’t give sugar a second thought.
Whenever your sweet tooth flares up eat a piece of fresh organic fruit.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.