Making noodles out of fresh zucchini dramatically cuts down on the carbs and calories in your dinner, while increasing the fiber content. Imagine what an impact this simple food trick could have on your fitness results if you always chose zucchini noodles over traditional noodles. Serving: 6
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (Cabernet works well)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions and fennel. Cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the carrots, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with olive oil. Add the cooked veggies, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine and the seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the turkey on top of the veggie mixture, breaking it into chunks. Lightly press the turkey down into the sauce, but be careful not to break up the chunks.
- Cook on low heat for 7 hours.
- Wash the zucchini, use a vegetable peeler to create long, flat noodles. Stop when you get to the seedy middle part of the zucchini. Plate the zucchini noodles and top with warm turkey spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 276 calories, 8g fat, 383mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 21g protein
Weight-Management University is HERE! Learn more about the Self Guided Educational Course that will teach you what you need to know to make exercise and nutrition a part of your healthy lifestyle for a permanent weight management solution.
If you live in the Gilbert area, treat yourself right by calling or emailing today to get started on an exercise program that will change your life for the best.
Proper nutrition plays a key role in your journey to a healthy lifestyle and to meet your fitness goals. Planning a well balanced diet can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. That is why I have teamed up with Personal Trainer Food to help make it easy for you. Click here for more information and when prompted, please type Trainer ID# 8170. When you are ready, you may click here to place your order. The quality of the food is second to none.